The 8th One Health Sweden Scientific Meeting took place 21-22 March 2018 (lunch-lunch) at Villa Aske.
The theme of the meeting was "Human versus animal health - different aspects on three challenging pathogens" with the focus on Campylobacter, hepatitis E and tuberculosis.
We invited three excellent keynote speakers for each of the three pathogens.
- Stefan Bereswill, PhD, Professor and Vice Director, Institute of Microbiology, Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Henrik Nielsen, MD, DMSci, Clinical Professor, Head of Department at Aalborg University Hospital
- Helena Höök, DVM, PhD, Laboratory veterinarian, National Veterinary Institute (SVA)
- Nicole Pavio, PhD, Senior Scientist, National Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety, France
- Jakob Ottoson, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Risk and benefit assessment, National Food Agency, Sweden
- Reimar Johne, PhD, Professor and Senior Scientist, Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Germany
- Thomas Schön, MD, Associate Professor, Linköping University
- Stefan Berg, PhD, Senior Scientist, Animal and Plant Health Agency - Weybridge, UK
- Lucía de Juan, DVM, PhD, Director VISAVET Health Surveillance Centre and EU-RL for Bovine Tuberculosis, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
After each session, we had an interesting panel discussion with the experts. In addition to the talks, there was also a poster session.
Below is a photo of the Campylobacter panel discussion, led by Josef Järhult. Photo: Lotta Berg
Below, Jakob Ottosson. Photo: Tanja Strand